Thursday, December 17, 2009

Experimenting....

Okay so I'm terrified of Photoshop and do most of my processing in Lightroom, but I'm realizing that this is becoming rather limiting...I'm switching over to a new lab so I will not have the convenience of the Pictage album designer, which means I'm going to have to make friends with Photoshop, if for no other reason than to be able to make album layouts.  I was messing around the other night and put this lil baby together:




I'm not trying to save lives with my compositions here--I want to do some basic, minimalist layouts that showcase the images.  It's intimidating with all this talk of album contests and "professional album designers".  I want to concentrate on making designs that really show off the images as much as possible, not on having the cleverest album layout. I figure if people are paying as much as they are for their books--I want to make the pictures fill the pages as much as possible.  Ya think?

No comments:

Post a Comment