Tuesday, February 23, 2010

What I look at every morning...

Hey gang...

Not much to post on this wet Tuesday morning.  Call me weird or whatever, but I do love the rain. So much.  Makes me feel so cozy. 

No new work to show right now, so I thought, just for funzies, I would share with you the picture I have as the wallpaper on my laptop: Jerry the Cow. 

 
And yes, she is mid-moo. 

This is a picture I did last year on a contract job for Decordova Sculpture Park and Mooseum Museum.  As a small-town Iowa girl, I can't tell you how much fun it was to watch all the city folk positively GAWK at the sight of a real live 1400 pound Holstein Cow.  It was like a mix of childlike awe and horror.

I've had this on my desktop for over a year and it makes me smile every damn time I look at it. I really like animals and I REALLY like big BIG animals.  It's humbling, to say the least, to be in the presence of a creature SO huge, and so powerful, but yet so innocent.

So--here's a big dumb, beautiful cow to brighten your day. Moo.

No comments:

Post a Comment