Saturday, March 13, 2010

Oh. Mah. Gahd.

Okay, before we do anything, I must insist that the following post be accompanied by the below music.  Because it pretty much says it all. Please press play now.



They day started off...with the door bell.  Then things got good. Really good:


That's right folks. My new 27" iMac. This thing is not f-ing around.  I don't even know where to begin.  I have never felt like such a grown-up or a professional. I'm so excited to have this amazing machine at my disposal for all my creative/professional work. And yes some screwing around too.

So yeah, 27" high def screen with a mighty MAGIC mouse!! This awesome little wireless mouse with no rolly ball thingy for scrolling...you just run your fingers around on the surface and it scrolls! Up, down, back, forth to, fro, round and round...the possibilities are endless!

Needless to say the house has been full of screeches today.  Like "CALEB!! OHMAGAD! THERE'S A LITTLE VIDEO ABOUT HOW THE MOUSE WORKS!" and "Caleb! OHMAGAD! It automatically transferred the WiFi network AND password!" and "CALEB!! OHMAGAD! It transferred EVERYTHING from my old MacBook!! EVERYTHING is HERE!!" That's right...for the last few days, I've been chewing my nails about getting all my programs and files transferred over to my new iMac. But oh no...no worries with Mac.  It just does it all for you.  Just connect the computers with FireWire or ethernet, and away it goes.  Took about an hour, and then poof--everything was there. My FireFox with ALL my bookmarks, all my documents, but most importantly to me--it reinstalled my Lightroom, and my Lightroom Catalog.  No transferring, no reregistering.  It's just...there.  I told Caleb that it's like the concierge at the Four Seasons: "Oh! You need all your Firefox bookmarks? I'll take care of that for you madam...Oh...you need your catalog transferred, my pleasure!" I feel so special!

I would like to thank my dear friend...my 13" MacBook, for all your hard work and loyal service over the last 3 1/2 years.  I've cranked SO much work through you, and you have almost never failed me--well except for when the battery croaked, but even then Apple gave me a new one for free :) You can now retire from professional work, and live out the rest of your days as my lappy...cozied up with me on the couch, looking up meaningless trivia on IMDB, reading Jezebel for hours and G-chatting.  That's the dream...

So, yeah, now if you'll excuse me, I've got some hard core photographering to do here. WAHOO!!

No comments:

Post a Comment