Thursday, June 3, 2010

Boston Wedding Photography: Maggie and Kenny in Cambridge!

Oh man you guys.  I admit it: I was wicked nervous for this wedding. There I said it.  I was nervous.  Wedding photographers are not picture machines--we are living, breathing, emotion having anxiety fighting human beings.  And I was nervous for this one...

Why? Really I was mostly nervous because this is my first wedding since November and I was worried I would be rusty.  To fight the nerves, I packed my bags and charged my batteries extra early and made a big checklist so that I wouldn't forget anything.  For some reason list-making is comforting for me.  I packed my stuff, hopped in the car and we were off.

What I wasn't nervous about? Working with Maggie.  I met this little peanut last fall for brunch and she was so lovely and gracious and happy and energetic.  She really trusted me and my work, and I cannot tell you how important that is--when a client really trusts me, I feel totally free to do my thing and I feel so much more confident about my process and my work.  I don't waste time worrying if the bride is going to like my work, I just get to pour all my brain power into getting inspired and being creative.


Funny thing: I just started swimming again after a 9 year hiatus (yes, believe it or not, this beer drinker used to be a competitive athlete).  Damnedest thing: I hadn't swam a lap in years and I dove in and swam 1200 yards (remember when that used to be our warm up?).  And it felt great.  My body just snapped back into swimmer mode.  My hips were up, my chest was down, I rolled through every stroke--and I just glided (glid?) through the water. My body just remembered what to do and I was just sort of along for the ride.  


Turns out taking a few months of of weddings and jumping back in is pretty much the same thing :)



Maggie thank you thank you so much for inviting me into your day, and for your enthusiasm and trust in myself and my team.  You were a freakin' doll to work with.

1 comment:

  1. It's like we were there ...... Really natural pictures.... WOW !

    ReplyDelete